Sheila Floodman McAllister
Sheila Floodman McAllister assists her team in providing services for all individuals needing quality family law representation.
Professional Recognition at the National Level
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers since 1993.
- Listed in the “Best Lawyers of America” in the family law area since 1995.
- Listed in KC Magazine’s Super Lawyer Section, Top Attorneys in Missouri and Kansas since inception.
- Listed in KC Magazine’s Super Lawyer Section, The Top 50 Women Attorneys in KS & MO in 2011 and 2012.
- Has the highest rating (AV) by the nationwide rating legal/directory of Martindale Hubbell (top 5% of women lawyers)
- Listed in the Bar Registry of Preeminent Women Lawyers for 2012 in Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” – Family Law 2015
Sampling of Practice Strengths
- Works with diverse clients with assets ranging from nominal estates to marital estates of $40,000,000+.
- Has handled numerous marital dissolutions involving valuation of independently owned businesses and professional practices. Examples include construction companies, farm implement dealerships, car dealerships, printing and advertising agencies, manufacturing businesses, farming and ranching operations, investment/insurance/security businesses, restaurants/franchises, etc., and professional practices such as dental, medical and optical, etc.
- Developed long-range economic recovery plans for clients whom have no wage earning capacity; utilizes consultants to assist in developing a plan for economic recovery and have obtained orders from Court to fund same as a part of divorce.
- Represented litigant whose divorce generated nationwide publicity and attention. Performed discovery, research and analysis which assisted in the indictment of opposing party for bankruptcy fraud. In addition to legal representation of the divorce, handled public relations requests from local and national print and television media.
- Prevailing attorney in appeal of litigation severing a parent’s parental rights.
- Wichita Bar Association, Family Law Section Committee Member
- Kansas Bar Association, Family Law Section Executive Board Member
- Member, Kansas Bar Association Ethics & Grievance Committee
- Fellow of American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Member, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Contributions Made Towards the Advancement of Family Law:
- Sheila has served as President of the Kansas Bar Association, Family Law Section and as Chair of the Wichita Bar Association Family Law Committee. She has also written articles and given numerous seminars on family law issues.
- B.S. University of Kansas, 1976 – J.D. University of Kansas, 1979
- Married to Dennis C. McAllister, DDS
- Three adult children; Banks, Blake and Paige Floodman